Download Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to by Charles Edge, Visit Amazon's Chris Barker Page, search PDF
By Charles Edge, Visit Amazon's Chris Barker Page, search results, Learn about Author Central, Chris Barker, , William Barker, Ehren Schwiebert
This e-book is meant when you have to get issues performed with Mac OS X Server 10.6. As such, you should use this e-book methods. these new to Mac OS X Server can learn immediately during the complete publication, and by means of the tip should still believe powerfuble to manage any Mac server thrown their approach. For people with a few wisdom of Mac OS X Server, or even a thorough wisdom of alternative Unix-based servers, the booklet is prepared by means of initiatives so you might both commence analyzing at any aspect, skipping fabric , or decide and select the chapters you’ll locate so much worthwhile on your personal paintings or procedure wishes. This task-oriented procedure additionally makes the ebook beneficial as a basic reference for all elements of Mac OS X Server.
Throughout the e-book, specified emphasis is given to the hot positive factors of the newest unencumber, Mac OS X Server 10.6, a.k.a. Server Snow Leopard. for example, you’ll the way to combine an iPhone with Mac OS X Server utilizing the recent cellular entry beneficial properties, or tips to set up an SSL certificates within the internet carrier, Apache.
- Task-oriented method of server management makes it effortless to discover and achieve what must get performed
- Thorough topic insurance together with workflows for Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server GUI-level gains, command-line good points, and choices
- Features introductory fabric for brand new directors, emphasis on new positive factors for upgrading to Snow Leopard Server, and extra complicated fabric for skilled IT and company directors who are looking to get the main out of Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server
What you’ll learn
- The key good points of Mac OS X Server, together with new prone similar to cellular entry for iPhone integration and deal with ebook Server
- The best method of fit your operating kind, together with GUI and command-line choices
- When to name on third-party items the place no Apple items can be found
- Integration thoughts for more than a few community and server configurations
- How to permit every one required carrier and all in their providers from begin to end
Who this e-book is for
This e-book is for directors drawn to a whole direction on Mac OS X Server 10.6 Snow Leopard, together with first-time Mac OS X Server admins, admins upgrading from older models, and skilled Unix or Mac admins who are looking to grasp all points of Apple’s server software program.
Table of Contents
- Welcome to OS X Server
- Setting Up a Server in half-hour or much less
- Getting Deeper into dossier Sharing
- Managing listing companies
- Controlling community site visitors
- Centralizing community providers
- Configuring community prone for safeguard
- Managing buyer pcs with NetBoot, NetInstall, and NetRestore
- Configuring handle e-book Server
- Working with iCal Server
- iChat Server
- Setting Up Mail prone
- Setting Up companies for cellular units
- Web Servers
- Managing MySQL utilizing Podcast manufacturer
- Streaming QuickTime Video
- Sharing records
- Setting Up Printing companies
- Backing Up Your info
- Configuring software program replace Server
Read or Download Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration PDF
Similar client-server systems books
No Fluff, Just Stuff Anthology
Twenty-seven weekends a 12 months, the No Fluff, simply Stuff convention rolls into one other city, that includes the world's top technical audio system and writers. Up previously, you needed to visit one of many exhibits to take in their collective knowledge. Now, you could carry it within the palm of your hand. The No Fluff, simply Stuff Anthology represents subject matters provided at the travel, written via the audio system who created it.
Given its summary nature and the hugely syntactical competence required by way of symbolic algebra, study on its educating and studying needs to depend upon methods that come with semiotic techniques and analyses that bear in mind the historical past of algebraic principles, between others. academic Algebra: A Theoretical and Empirical procedure bargains with a theoretical standpoint at the research of faculty algebra, within which either elements (semiotics and historical past) take place.
Open Source for Windows Administrators (Administrator's Advantage Series)
This e-book introduces Microsoft? ® home windows? ® directors to the area of Open resource functions as a way to store time and cash. It presents readers with details and methods for utilizing the ideal Open resource functions in a number of events, akin to anti-spam, databases, electronic mail, websites, dossier sharing, be aware processing, spreadsheets, and extra.
Building Client/Server Applications with VB .NET: An Example-Driven Approach
Development Client/Server purposes with VB . web: An Example-Driven procedure is predicated on liberate 1. zero of the . internet Framework / free up 1. zero of visible Studio . internet + . web Framework carrier Pack 1. Jeff Levinson walks readers via tips on how to write an entire application—no “snippets” of code—and will exhibit readers examples of the way, while, and why to accomplish a job.
- MCITP Windows Server 2008 server administrator study guide
- Mastering Windows 2000 Server
- Wrox's SQL Server 2005: express edition starter kit
- Implementing VMware Horizon View 5.2
- Energy-Efficient Distributed Computing Systems
- Inside Microsoft SQL Server 2005: T-SQL Programming
Extra info for Beginning Mac OS X Snow Leopard Server: From Solo Install to Enterprise Integration
CHAPTER 2: Setting Up a Server in 30 Minutes or Less Figure 2–28. Showing the new SharePoints folder and Storage share To change that, select the Permission tab, and click the plus sign. A floating window will appear with a list of users; however, you will want to select the group in this instance, so do so and then drag the group OCP Research to the field in between where it says “ACL” and “Posix” (if Spotlight is enabled, you will see an entry for Spotlight under ACL). You can also drag the OCP Research section over the POSIX field that is labeled “admin” to ensure compatibility with some applications that do not support ACLs well.
5 CHAPTER 2: Setting Up a Server in 30 Minutes or Less would be appropriate. If you already have your own internal DNS server set up (with this server added along with its associated IP address), make sure to specify that as well. If not and you are planning to follow the DNS steps later in this chapter, just add the server’s IP address to the DNS field as well. Setting Up the Network Names On the Network Names screen, shown in Figure 2–12, you get to set the DNS name of the server. lan, it will put server-001 in the Computer Name field).
Local, and it can cause problems with older Mac clients, so it’s best to avoid it if you can. As you can see, there will be a notice indicating that there was no DNS name found for the computer, and the server will provide its own DNS for itself (shown in Figure 2–12). Once you have finished this initial configuration, you go back and remove that custom, limited entry and create a full one instead. Because DNS is being configured locally on the server, once this installation completes, Server Admin will launch when you first log in, instead of Server Preferences (which is what would launch if DNS had been configured externally).